Saturday, May 19, 2012

"gimme three days notice...


...and i'll make you a fuckin' burger..."
those were the words said to me by new restaurant owner, trevor bird, who has just opened up Fable in the old refuel location. 'he who can not be named on the blog' and i were walking by today and stopped to look at the menu posted in the window. as we were having a looksee trevor came out and introduced himself and learned quickly about my love for refuel and my love of the burger and how it being taken away from me made me feel. it was then that trevor offered to make me a burger, it was actually like a demand to make me a burger. i told him he didn't need to make me one but after having 'he who can not be named on the blog' tell me i should take him up on his offer...i'm having second thoughts about dismissing his offer. so, very soon i am going to go in there and tell him that the garbs and i are coming to visit and that he should get the meat grinder working.
i have to say, when i found out refuel was closing and that he was opening in their space, i didn't like him solely on that...but after my meeting with him today i think he may be ok but the proof will be in the pudding, or in this case, the burger. i forgot to mention we missed the margaritas as well. next time.


today's action also included me, kinda, coming to the rescue of fiona and garvie who were at the ferry trying to get to bowen island to visit her pal. the sailings were sold out and there was no parking around even if they wanted to walk on so...i made a call and made sure it was ok for them to park at my pal yvonne's - who is also a lawn order client - and we were all set. i went to horseshoe bay, met them and got 'em parked very close by and then back to the ferry. and away they went. all good. they'll come back tomorrow in time for burgers here...
so it was a full day. breakfast at helen's, cut a few lawns, parking agent, a visit at the pickle, trevor offering to make me a burger, picked up katherine and jasper at the airport, pizza with 'he who can not be named on the blog'....pretty good.
now a little relax.
night night.




g. xo

No comments: