Monday, February 13, 2012

hard packed, dry and clear and a chance of 'oh shit'.


getting to wilson, wyoming way pretty easy compared to today's drive from wilson/jackson, wyoming to where i am now - just on the eastern side of rapid city, south dakota.
leaving jackson you have to take a single lane highway basically all the way to the I-90 - unless you go to casper which take you up the I-25 and then to the I-90. that would be the smart way to go. but if you wanna shave off some time when you get just past riverton you head north. through the mountains. kinda. i was going to go through casper, but the roads were so good when i got to riverton i decided to head north and take a little time and distance off.
great idea for time. great idea to see more cool stuff. maybe not so good once past worland where you start to climb into the mountains again. something my map didn't show me so well. and the scary thing was that at anytime they could chose to close the road and i'd be forced to drive back a few hundred miles and go to casper and around that way. that would have been a bummer. but, as luck would have it, i made it through and my gamble paid off and i was safe as milk the whole way. sure, there were some pretty shitty spots but after the initial drive today from wilson/jackson to riverton, where it was hard packed snow almost 75% of the way, i knew it couldn't be any worse.
and so i made it to the I-90 and am now headed east for real. tomorrow will really set the pace and i'll have a better idea of how long this is gonna take to my next real stop - toronto.
today edition gives you a lot of pretty pictures to look at.
enjoy.


g. xo

***not that it really matters but, i just looked at a map and i maybe should have gone through casper and then down the I-25 to the I-80 and along to chicago that way...6 of one i suppose....




the view from my bedroom  this morning.


outside jackson.


 more morning view.


 more outside jackson.




between riverton and the I-90


 zach and julie's.


No comments: