Thursday, August 02, 2007

there's art out there...somewhere.

ok. here's my report.
in an effort ot both satiate my need for some art and to, maybe, have something that will increase in value and, again - maybe, help me secure my financial future, i purchased - but have yet to get it in hand - a couple of pieces by marcel dzama. (pics soon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Dzama

i love his work. i, hopefully, will be getting them this month sometime. i bought them off of my pal ronnie pirovino in LA. great guy. if you ever need an art fix he'll be able to set you up. and if you just wanna see a great collection of art, check out his site. he has some of his personal collection on there as well as art for sale. a few of his choice KAWS paintings and barry mcgee stuff is not pictured but lives in his collection.

http://www.pirovinoprojex.com/

last night i went with shauna to an art opening - which i usually hate due to the smooze factor, but it was close to my place so i didn't have to travel far. it was...um..interesting. i think it was a little anti-climactic. hard to explain here but if ya wanna see it check out artspeak on carrall street in gastown. it may not be entirely clear what the art is, but you'll figure it out. maybe.

good times.

g. xo


emily and me at six acres in gastown. i'd never been there even though it's in my 'hood...it was actually pretty good.




more faces...more me and shauna.

No comments: