Monday, August 20, 2007

knockin' em down, throwin' 'em out - bbq style.



The good times just keep on rolling along. And I have to admit that I’m having a pretty good time my own self…I know that’s poor grammar but fuck it. Sure, I had a little meltdown in a store in Gastown on Saturday but other than that, all good. All signs point to yes. Others are having a good time as well but they’ll have to come up for air before we/I know any more than that. Cryptic? Sure…but it’s all I have to go on. So far.
Sunday was a lazy one initially but ramped-up as it went along. It’s a little easier to get out of a bed that really sucks than one that feels good and keeps you there. The new one should be here soon, but not soon enough. After a slow start if was off to knock-off a few lawns. The Dog lawn took just a quick clean up while the others took the full brunt of the whirling blade…good one. So Sunday was lawns from Richmond to West van. This week sees only a couple needing attention which will allow me to focus my attention elsewhere. Nice.
I think that Black Shuck by the Darkness may be one of the great rock numbers of the last five to ten years. In case you care.
After the lawns Shauna and I hit Granville island to see Mishi and the Garbs and see what was what. We were gonna bbq so I asked them if they wanted to join us. After the happily agreed to come on over Shauna and I headed over to the market and proceeded to buy too much food – buffalo smokies, beef burgers, salmon, leeks, potatoes, snap peas, corn, etc….pretty good…
We had invited a couple other folks but they didn’t seem to be able to make it to a phone so they weren’t in attendance. Too bad for them.
Afterwards we drove down to Mum’s gelato on Denman where Mishi bought us all ice cream. It was kinda fun sitting on Denman at night eating ice cream as it began to pour rain. This has been the best November ever.

Ok. Back at it. Monday.

More later. As it develops.

g. xo

various shitola from the last day or so...

mishi gives the thumbs up on the bbq action.



snacks.



having a laugh over ice cream.




the garbs bread display.



the garbs shows off his new lawn order shirt. happily.



mishi's making some macaroni inspired silver hooha...


No comments: