Wednesday, August 22, 2007

good-bye gene

my man stewart.



Hero to zero in just a few short…seconds? Maybe it takes hours sometimes. Bill Cosby used to host a show called ‘kids say the darndesN things’ but adults say as much, if not more. To each other, to people they don’t know, to people they used to involved with, to total strangers. The source. You always have to consider the source. Nothing else really matters until you do that. Today the source was kinda shitty to me. But I know where the source is coming from. I’ve been where the source is. This too will pass.
I don’t have much of a report today. Had a little trip over to the walk-in clinic in North Vancouver at lunchtime (where I ran into a former film co-worker…) – don’t worry it’s all good….more details later on. All the loose ends will be tied-up soon and I’ll be able to say what’s what. I would have gone to my own doctor but I recently found out, as I haven’t been there in a while, that he had a heart attack, which required a triple by-pass so not too much doctoring for Desmond in the next little while. Take care Des.
And on a sad note, my man Gene at Viking Alexander is no longer with us. I seem to remember someone, maybe, saying something about this but I didn’t remember when I told someone here at work today to call him and ask him about some key clamps – something he’s an expert in, or was. Gene used to make wooden barrels as a young man and load them on freight trains down near the docks in Vancouver. Gene also had this incredible penmanship. So neat, tidy and graceful for a man with rather large fingers. Often dressed as if he had just rolled out of bed after an all night bender Gene, sadly, wasn’t a handsome man but instead imparted to you stories of growing up in Vancouver, school then, and if he knew you liked baseball would tell you all he knew about it and how it has changed and who the thought the best player in baseball was right at that moment. In recent years he spoke of Albert Pujols of the St. Louis cards as the best player. He’s right. I think. Right now. I’ll miss seeing him in Viking Alexander when I go in to buy some shit we need for a movie application. His thick bubbles-esque glasses, his janitor sense of style, his beat-up baseball hats, his great nature. See ya gene.

g. xo


stew's stomach tattoo...i love it



tim before the fan got turned on.



tim after.

No comments: