Wednesday, August 15, 2007

princess and the pea



I’m not usually a passenger. I’m the one doing the driving. And I kinda like it that way…a few times lately I have gotten Shauna to drive because I was tired from mowing or something and that was kinda cool…it’s just not something that happens very often. Yesterday at lunch Andrew, Andy and I decided to go to JJ bean for lunch – they now have some pretty good sandwiches there right now. On the ride there I was in the backseat of Andy’s truck and put my keys in the pocket on the back of the front passenger seat. Lunch was good, had a few laughs, talked some shit, then went back to work. And the day continued. At the end of the day I was to meet Penelope for dinner at Topanga café and was all ready to go but I couldn’t find my keys. Anywhere. When I finally figured it out, Andy was long gone – as were my keys. And my dinner getting later and later and later. Luckily, because I have done this sort of thing before, I have given a couple full sets of keys to people for just this sort of thing. So, the next phone call was to Mishi who I enlisted to take her set of keys, give them to a cab driver and have them driven to me…so great she is. So a short while later a little fella in a yellow cab came up the road with my keys. Pretty good.
I was pissed off still for being such a idiot but relieved that I had what I needed and now a burrito wasn’t far away….and a margarita. The world was beginning to tilt correctly on its axis once again…except my new bed still sucks and may have to be returned to Christine Magee as it may be, probably is, far too soft. My lady friend believes it may be as well. Nice. So Saturday, as if it’s not too busy already – with lawns, haircut, etc – I now have to go and do the bed return thing and try a new bed out…so excellent. Maybe I should have kept the bull mattress.
Back at it. More shit to do. People to piss off.

g. xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is an awesome picture! Love it!