Thursday, August 30, 2007

she's the one



There are certain things that once a certain distance has been made from them; they start to take on an entirely different light. Things once thought of as stale or overdone become ok again, maybe. Not always but more often that not a little time away can be a great thing. In high school I was never a fan of Led Zeppelin but now can listen to them/it and feel just fine about it. Maybe not livin’ lovin’ maid so much but d’yer maker without too much trouble, and others. Yesterday, after work, as I drove around lawn ordering, it’s now a real honest to goodness term for what I do after work, I was listening to Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen and lovin’ it. Track after track of New Jersey goodness and I have to admit I was a little surprised by how good it felt. My only complaint is that the saxophone really hasn’t stood the test of time but I won’t dump on Clarence here. ‘She’s the one’ was a complete gem last night as I cruised down Kerr Street towards 62nd and alian’s place to cut his terrible lawn.



Someone decided, near Alain’s that setting out a TV on the lawn was the best way they could think of to get rid of their old tube TV – maybe it is.
The light was great on Main Street last night as well when I met up with Shauna and Stella to go get some dinner and do some shopping in Richmond – don’t ask…
So here it is Thursday and a long weekend is peeking around the corner and I have no real plans for it – perfect. Lawns of course, but not much else. Nice.

More as it develops.

g. xo

No comments: