Friday, July 13, 2007

NORM!

I have not been to Topanga café for what seems like a long time but in reality it’s only been a couple of weeks – which in itself is a long time for me to have gone without some sort of Topanga goodness. This has been a self-imposed exile of sorts. I feel sometimes like I have become too much of a creature of habit and maybe even a caricature of myself in some weird way. Like norm from cheers or the guys in Diner always going to my favourite place to eat and not questioning it at all. Sure, I love the food there and will go back- probably sooner than later, but I need some time away or at least less frequent visits. I suppose there’s a reason for the frequency over the years – great food, great staff, tom, great drinks and a feeling of belonging somewhere – but maybe less is more right now. And don’t get me wrong I would kill for a wet chicken burrito el presidente right fuckin’ now but…soon. I don’t know how they feel about me there, really, but I don’t want to be seen as ‘the regular’…even though I know I am. I don’t want it in the bad sense of regular. I used to dish out drinks to drunks and the ones who drank every day, the career drunks, drove me crazy. Am I a burritoholic? I have had a few burritos in the last two weeks and have felt like I am cheating but damn, they were good and hit the spot. I need the salsa, beans and such! Don’t judge me! I guess I don’t want to become the guy they can’t stand to see walk through their door. I’m probably over thinking it but…that’s what I do.
In other news…the ‘c#$ksucker’ shirt is getting great reviews thus far…followed by the admission that most couldn’t actually wear it…not surprised. Three women have stepped forward to say that they would have no problem rocking the shirt though – that’s a good sign I suppose. I actually need a name for the shirt for when it hangs in the gallery…any ideas?
A new big rookie inc. shirt is in the works as well, maybe two. One based on a great 70’s band’s logo…and another yet to be finalized. You may get one – you may not….stay tuned.



Also this reminder…if you’re on Main Street this Sunday drop by bean around the world and check out my photos. Why not? Is there something else you had to do instead? Not likely. Anyone want to help me hang them in the morning? Thought not. Ok.

More later as it develops.

g. xo

1 comment:

muc b said...

I'd like to help but I'll be playing the best of the 70's 80's 90's & now. I could use a good coffee.