Friday, July 27, 2007

art, lawns and the world according to devon



“that cat was like a 13 year old boy coming into his own. Nice face but the body and rest of him is all out of whack.”

Devon

It was a two lawn night last night – jessica’s and rosanne’s, and I now think I am all caught up on the lawn order action – with a lot of help from the garbs. I think I can now take a few days off the lawn action. I’ve got to start collecting some cash soon too, I have a lot of lawn cash out there…and I need to get it all together so I can, maybe, buy myself a little 9” x 12” piece of paper with something drawn on it.
Last night, after a fantastic art show in the alley behind monte clarke gallery, we – me, shauna and devon – headed over to vig’s with the idea of grabbing a little dinner. After finding, as per usual, that vig’s would be an hour or more (fuck that…) we opted for rangoli next door – the casual vig’s…since we were in his hood I called corie and he rode over and joined us for some snacks and a few beverages. Devon, as usual, regaled us with stories of her mom, shaved cats and things that are outta whack – which are many.
It was good…we ate like champs – which included three different desserts and some weird friuty wines – that I, for once, could tell the difference of.




Tonight it’s dinner with glen and denny – my dad’s brother, my uncle, all around good guy amd his wife who once made me get out of her van because I was being a pain in the ass – and I’m sure I was. She’s awesome. The last time I had dinner with them together at topanga I was in a super crappy mood – surprise – and the queen came along and by the ned of it all was well again in the world.

More details as they develop.

g. xo

shauna tried out corie's bike...it was maybe a little big for her.


No comments: