Friday, July 06, 2007

idle hands...



“How are things on the west coast?”
If I can get that phrase out of my head by the end of the summer I’ll be surprised. I have managed to get the new Interpol album downloaded onto the old ipod and can’t stop listening to “Heinrich Maneuver”…sure, it’s been on the radio and internet but now that I have it to play over and over again at my pleasure, and, I will…over and over and over. It’s The Killers all over again, only better. Sure, it’s the hit but, frankly, I’m tired of all the indie rock snob bullshit-and you should be too. It’s a great track and you should get it and let it rock and roll all over you. Huh? Well, something like that.
Well, it’s been almost a full week back at in the old film world and I wish I had more to report at this time, but I don’t. It’s been all setting up and getting small shit done all in preparation for what’s to come. Shiteater? Maybe. Well see. This show brings me back to work with a couple of guys I really like working with, Scott and Andrew from my days at Tony’s shop, which is nice for me. Tornack, Andy Verhoeven and the rest of the BOC boys, with the exception of Half-gay will be here too.so all signs point to ‘good times’.
Yesterday after work I managed to cut four lawns and the day before knocked off three. It’s a weird lawn-cutting week as a few of the ‘fringe lawn order’ clients called me for cuts all at the same time. These are the folks who aren’t part of the weekly trap line but instead call when they want a cut. And with Jessica’s wedding this weekend I won’t be able to cut Friday or Saturday so it all has to be done before I head over to the Sunshine Coast. There will be cutting Sunday as well plus meeting up with my opus framing pal, Suzanne, to frame the pictures for my snapshot show at the Bean Around the World on main street.
Yesterday also marked a return trip to the A&W on Hastings for another stab at the meat products they dish-up there. Last night, teen burgers-which aren’t nearly as good as the others in their line-up but still, tasty.
Ok. Back at it.

I love you all.

g. xo

the other night megan and i went, grabbed a couple of burritos and then headed down to sunset beach to watch people, make fun of them and discuss the world as we know it. nice.




last night's dinner was eaten on the tailgate of the elephant with the queen. more discussion about the ways of the world.

No comments: