Tuesday, March 30, 2010

making a good impression.


or not. perhaps.
a few years ago - well, actually many now, i developed a problem with hurling when i brush my teeth in the morning. if i wait a few hours - which i can't do most days - to brush it's all fine. but my gag reflex is in full-on mode in the morning and if i don't brush fast - it's all over. over share? perhaps.
this morning i made my way over the bridge and down granville st. to dr. z's office to go through the first of two appointments to get, yet another, gold crown put on one of my teeth.
good times.
and, of course, there were more than a few impressions to be made. before, after. in between. and it was the second to last one that had to be jettisoned from my mouth, impressing everyone in the room naturally. i know i'm not the only one that has this problem but when it's happening...it's really happening. and it's happening to me. love it. but after a moment of reflection, and some salt on my tongue - some home solution of sorts - i was ready to go - and it all went fine. goodness.
i have to go back in two weeks to get the temp. crown taken off and the gold 50 cent version put on and i'll be good to go. in the meantime i hope the temp. doesn't fall off - which has happened in the past....most notably one time when mishi and i were at a pizza joint on 4th ave. years ago and all of a sudden i was chomping down on the crown along with my pizza pie.
whenever i get crowns done i want to ask dr. z for a gold front tooth, kinda like willy deville. as my pal tattoo bill baker said when i told him i wanted one, "garn, that's just sleazy enough. just enough." i agree. so don't be surprised if i show-up with a gold number one day.
ok. chiro later to have a back and neck crack and a check on my ribs...

have a tuesday.

i miss you.

g. xo

ps...check out this link if you want a full grill done.

1 comment:

tamara said...

the same thing happens to me- the gag reflex- so i can't brush first thing in the morning.
and if i do, then i have to breathe really deeply while i brush to get thru it....
weird eh? thought i'd share so you don't feel lonely.