Monday, July 10, 2006

more good times at the doctor's office...



a few weeks ago i went in for an ankle x-ray...actually i was getting my chest x-rayed as well...i hurt my ankle playing hockey with kramer and it just hasn't gotten any better, in fact, it is worse than ever...so i phoned to get my results and they wouldn't give them to me over the phone...it's not like they're gonna tell me i have ankle cancer...so today at lunch i drove to kits and went through the whole ordeal one more time, and i know it won't be the last....and there was some good action there today...a young man was there waiting for something, i dunno what, and he was consumed by his ipod headphones....dangling them in front of his eyes and flicking them with his finger over and over again...transfixed...another gentleman bellowed from down the hall that he needed to use the washroom but...and then stopped talking...he later appeared in a wheel chair bringinbg himself right up to the counter and saying how he's like to get a taxi home...des' wife called him one and then asked if he's like to wait inside or outside for the taxi, "yes" he replied...ok...good times...the kid playing with the headphones was asked who the doctor was he wanted to be refered to and his reply was, "he's the doctor who has taken off all the moles of everyone in our family, i want him to take mine off too...he's done everyone in our family..." this at a far louder than needed volume...okay dude, we know..you've got a miole..more good times..
so, it turns out my ankle was never fractured - thumbs up, but that he thinks i've really tore the ligaments that keep the whole thing together...even more good times...and has now refered me to UBC sports medicine for, perhaps, an MRI or a Catscan...nice...if it takes too long i may just pay the 400 clams and get it done privately...this pain has gone on long enough...

ok..enough of that...my hair is of some concern to me..i got a very nice, as usual, haircut from k-win on saturday, but this grey hair has got me down...and not the fact that i have grey hair, that's cool, it's how it's distributing itself on my head..i look like paulie from the sopranos...a clear line of where it starts and ends...it almost looks like i dye the top part of my head only...which would be retarded...but people have asked me if i do that...fuck. all my life i've hated something about my hair and how it looks, now a new reason to wear a hat fulltime...

more details as they come to me...

g. xo

No comments: