Saturday, July 01, 2006

attention shoppers! attention shoppers!

my sweaty shirt yesterday as i helped jojo move her stuff...



fuck! happy fuckin' canada day. so the city of vancouver decided that it would be a great idea to shut down a bunch of the streets in my hood and surrounding area to do construction today. there are a lot of pissed off driver's in my 'hood trying to get to events and family fuctions on this canada day. and better yet, my taxpayer's $$ are paying these workers triple time today...good times. it's virtually impossible to get to my place right now. i am trapped in my building unless i want to go and fight through it. even if i was to go by bus it's a nightmare. the city planners are pure genius. good job boys.
and to the bike rider's who clogged the streets yesterday as i was trying to get around town...really, is that the way you want to get me on your team? make it impossible for me to get to where i'm going? good idea. i'm all for bikes and lessinging my use of fossil fuels but it just makes me want to kill you. and lord knows if you could afford a car you'd buy one. anyhow..there's got to be a better way.
i worked at voltage today...i'm not sure if i was a help or not but i was happy to help out. i like those kids.
cheryls form ie creative had a disco dance party at her studio today down on granville island near hammered and pickled...she and her girlfriend, lisa, dressed in disco gear and pumped up the jam...the tourists loved it...the garbs and mishi made margaritas in the pickle today while they worked..i'm sure that was entertaining...

ok..i have to figure out a way out of here...i'm hungry.

g. xo

the garbs and hugh helping out...



disco action...



more disco action...



close 'er up boys..no one needs to drive downtown today...

2 comments:

muc b said...

critical mass is awesome.

kimlett said...

I was one of those cyclists holding you up. Lyle has a car, but he commutes mostly with his bike, and has been doing the critical mass almost every month lately. So ya, not everyone there is just jealous of people with cars. :P