Friday, June 24, 2011

the longest day of the year. (i know i missed it...)

i have posted this before but am again. it's for a thing i wrote called 'boxscore'.

.....

It’s the longest day of the year and I don’t feel a thing. All the days seem to run into one another, each indistinguishable from the other. At first they seem to have a connection to one another but in the end mean nothing to each other. The days. I now know that as I feel nothing but the sun hitting me in the face through my windshield. I don’t drive here very often and I know why but I can’t even tell myself the real answer right now. I need more than I can provide, provide for myself or provide to others. Inside I am someone else. Someone much better looking, smarter, more thoughtful, chiseled, lean, exciting. It’s the outside. The outside betrays me. Everyday. It’s the longest day of the year and I don’t feel a thing.


.........


g. xo

No comments: