Saturday, May 12, 2007

i'll be in my trailer...

karin rocks it as 3rd A.D. on set yesterday.



...except i didn't have a trailer yesterday. i was only suppose to work two days on the re-shoot but they went for a third day and i was asked to come along for the ride, even though they knew they wouldn't need me i was there 'just in case'. so i had some breakfast and proceeded to watch them shoot. and then a little later i went to craft service and had some juice. and watched them shoot. then i left at 3 pm when the PM asked me if i had actullay done anything and then told me to go home. don't have to tell me twice. back to the shop, dropped off the shit and grabbed the lawn gear and headed off to cut a few lawns.
the first two lawns were no biggie. lisa's in the west end and then over to don's to give his growing concern a chop. then i headed over to cut a new lawn over in east van not far from Voltage.
and there it was. the house my friend jessica had bought and flipped but had neglected to cut the grass of. and i guess the neighbours had become pissed off that it wasn't being cut so she called me to ask me to give it a cut. now, when the neighbours start calling about your lawn - it's bad. and it was. now this is not meant as any disrespect towards jessica - who i love, but that lawn may have been one fo the worst lawns i have ever had to cut. i gave it two cuts and after cutting a tennis ball in half and running over a cd, etc...i left. it looks much better now but holy shitola...three huge bags of grass and a tired mower.
then i met penelope over at Voltage as she wanted to talk to the kids about some of their surplus electric bikes and buy me a t-shirt for my birthday....i picked a good one. then off to topanga for a snack.
then a big sleep.

a couple more lawns today...the bombers have a game today but i'm not even allowed to coach since my suspension so i'll stay home and have a little relax after the day's cutting...

see ya later.

g. xo


they were moving in some new boats yesterday at the marina.



No comments: