Tuesday, January 30, 2007

hey meester, what's with yer finger?

the face you make right after you pop open your new blood blister with a pair of nail clippers because you couldn't find a needle.



well, actually son, that's my thumb. and i got it caught in a swage. yup a swage. look it up son.

yup. today i was helping out a local starving artist and, in the process, got my thumb in the way of a tool i was using to make some cable lengths for hanging some of his art and whammo! sore thumb. it only hurt for a few seconds but those seconds were long ones my friends. and then i came home and popped it like a balloon...i love that part. and in the end, he got what he needed and that's all that really matters.

(maybe this should have been the preface to this post....)

i was gonna write here how i did something i never thought i'd ever do. something i thought would be too hard for me, and others for that matter. but i was, in the end, simple and, somehow, reassurring to me. reassuring that all things come around to a better place eventually and that not all is lost even if, not so long ago, they seemed that way. i know this makes no sense to most of you reading this but it does to me and to at least one other person reading this. i think. i was going to write how i rose above, etc..but in the end it wasn't like that and i didn't feel as i thought i would. it was just me being me, kind of. and i felt kinda good about that. simply, i helped someone out. and i'm happy i had the opportunity to do so.

now i'm gonna have a veggie burger and salad and watch useless tv...because that's what i wanna do. right now.

g. xo

on my way home from the gym i took these pictures of the work they're doing in false creek at the east end near science world.




my blood blister...nice.



popped open like a balloon.

No comments: