Monday, June 19, 2006

you.

I remember.

I remember the first time we went out. I remember picking you up in a cab and saying how sorry I was I didn’t have my car. That I had to take you out in a cab. You said it was fine. You smelled of a just finished cigarette. I liked that. I remember heading to the beach after a bar-b-q at your brother’s place-where you were staying while you figured out where you were going to move to. You’d later move in with me but then you didn’t know what you were going to do. I remember meeting you for coffee on one of our first dates and you saying that you remembered me for years ago at the club and me bartending there. You wore good shoes so I knew you had your priorities in order. I remember meeting you at my favourite restaurant after I had had faxed you an invitation to meet me for dinner and how we had ended up in Bellingham playing pool and drinking cheap American beer. I remember eating take out thai food at English bay and watching people walk their dogs and eat ice cream. I remember driving down he I-5 listening to the byrds and Johnny Cash over and over again with you occasionally falling asleep while I drove closer and closer to L.A. I remember looking out your window onto thurlow street and wondering what I was doing there. I wonder now. I’ll still wonder later.
I remember you. I remember everything about you.

No comments: