Wednesday, February 03, 2010

t. paul - local hero

the fawnz forwarded me this e.mail to me regarding a book that was made to commemorate t. paul ste. marie - someone you may have at least heard of as he was a true character that you may have seen around town. i didn't know him but knew of him and knew people who knew him well. below is the e.mail fawn sent me. have a look.

..........

Dear Friends;
I am writing to you to request your brainstorming and networking assistance in
locating someone.
As many of you may remember, in 2007 after our friend T.Paul Ste. Marie passed
away, I compiled an anthology of memories and poems about him. This book was to
be given to his birth mother, whom he reconnected with a few years before he
passed, and his adoptive mother.
To the 80-plus people who sent stories and poetry for inclusion in this book,
once again I cannot thank you enough.
His adoptive mother Lorraine received her copy at the Vancouver wake in June
2007. She is a lovely lady, and sends her heartfelt thanks to everyone.
But his birth mother, Ruth Janes, still has not yet received her copy. I have
spent the last two-and-a-half years looking for her. My efforts to contact Ms
Janes through the internet and through people I know have so far been
unsuccessful. I believe she is in Ontario, possibly Toronto.
In recent months, several beloved members of our poetry community have passed
on. These losses have reminded me how important it is to give those around us
stories and love while we still can, while they are still with us.
T.Paul's biological mother is probably about seventy years old now. I need to
give this book to her while I still can, while she is still with us.
If you have any ideas of how I might track her down -- any connections, any
thoughts of leads I might not yet have tried -- please do let me know. My
ultimate goal is to get her snailmail address so I can mail her this book. I
can be reached at susangrad93@yahoo.ca
Here's a video I made about the story of this book:www.tinyurl.com/24video
Please do repost and forward this note as you wish.
Muchas gracias and muchas love,Su'
* * * * *

Susan Cormier, wordworker

www.youtube.com/user/queenofcrows

www.myspace.com/queenofcrowsmusic

.........

rest easy.

g.

No comments: