Tuesday, February 23, 2010

and children are the only ones that blush...


..and life....

anyhow.
sometimes your own bed is where you need to be.
i left tucson and headed west-ish and as seemed to be the weay, the bad weather came with me. it followed me to mexico, then to tucson and now across california. i drove up through arizona, hitting lake havasu in the process and then up into california and just short of barstow. in the morning it was blowing to beat the band and many times seemed like the wind was gonna blow me right off the road. add terrible rain to that and you got a shitty day of driving ahead. and so it was for a lot of the day...i had had ideas of heading to the coast and going back up to santa cruz and then back to san francisco, etc...but once i had breakfast and heard the weather report i decided to just head north...maybe i'd head in if...but it was crappy and looked crappy.

i made my way to redding, california, home of the last in-n-out burger where i had my last burger for this trip and then headed into the mountains to sleep. i had always wanted to sleep at the highest point on the I-5, why i don't know i just did, and thought last night would be as good a night as any...so there i was 4210 ft. above sea level, just me and a few truckers having a snooze listening to other trucks and cars zoom by me all night...pretty good and in the morning, well 5:45 a.m., really fucking cold...so i headed out. and the rains came with me...at times i could barely see the road with the amount of water i was trying to clear off my windshield as i drove.
up to portland, through to seattle and then blaine and the border where i cruised through with, i think, three questions...none of which was , "did you buy a computer while you were down there...?"

a quick stop at the shop to get rid of my bed stuff and cooler, a drive-by mishi and garbs to give them there goodies from the trip and then off to corie's to give him his new fancy tequila and then, of course, topanga for a beer and some chips - they were closed...
now, home and hockey highlights...

talk to ya tomorrow.

g. xo

No comments: