Sunday, February 28, 2010

sunshine and loogins



well...ok, i'll say, congrats to canada on winning the gold medal in hockey today. sure. ok. and yes, i was hoping for a different outcome but, in the end, not a bad game. one for the ages? i don't thinks so but entertaining enough. but fuck, crosby? really? tell me there wasn't a fix in there. i hate that fucking whiner. anyone else...that's what i was telling myself as they went into overtime, not crosby. or i suppose that murderer heatley. either of those two. but it was crosby. so be it, changes my life zero - well, except my bomber brothers will be getting some free beer on me as i made bets with the pest and espo and they're donating the winnings to beer for the boys...i'm okay with that. really good...i'm down with that.
after the game i decided to go for a walk downtown - i know...retarded. but i hadn't been downtown since i had been back and i thought i really should witness the mayhem. so i did. witness it. and i'll say this, i couldn't get back over the bridge fast enough. i like sports but have been on teams that are filled with 'sports' guys and hated it. that's why i like being a bomber, it's not like that. well, downtown was all about that. and just drunks in general. so great - the broken bottles, the people pissing in behind mishi and garbs' place because to them downtown is a giant toilet, the people getting mad at me because i wouldn't high five them - including one guy who decided to follow me on the burrard bridge after i didn't high five him and then after i told him i wasn't going to he then hit me in the head trying to knock my hat off my head. so classy. most people seemed like they were having a good time but many of who i passed called me a loser, an asshole and a fag, for not high fiving them. some even yelled at me in close and personal - i found it very intimidating, and i'm a big guy. it was unnerving. these are the fans i can do without.
now safe and sound at home, i can't wait for it all to get back to normal. to return to our regular programming. let the olympics hangover begin. to the parking meters that make better than min. wage now. to the impossible rents for my pals who don't own. to the taxes that will surely be increased to help pay for this little party. i hope we're not too fucked but, i'm not holding my breath.
have a great sunday night.

g. xo

No comments: