Friday, February 12, 2010

and it felt like home


i have a few foods that make me feel good...my comfort foods if you will...the obvious is burritos. and while i refuse to put them in any sort of order, like a top ten i will say burritos are very high up in the food chain. i also love tan tan noodles, mac and cheese, burgers from in-n-out (and others too...), i'm also a big fan of pulled pork sandwiches and greasy spoon breakfasts...and today i held in my hand an item very new to the top ten list, one i discovered my last time here, in tucson, a sonoran dog - in fact, i had two today. i had a bit of a frustrating day today, such is life on the road, and i needed a little something to make it all just that little bit better, and there, at the corner of stone and 22nd ave. were two guys making dogs like they meant business....so great. it made my day, it felt like home, but in a different place.
i've decided to head to mexico tomorrow and try to keep my eyes ahead and stay outta trouble so that they let me keep my head. i'll drive in the day, hunker down at night and i should be there by sunday evening...unless i get in a fight in a bar and ...
i bought all the special insurance you need to drive down there today and washed my clothes and feel i'm all set...
ok...

more as it develops.

g. xo





ps...as much as i hate the IOC and VANOC, i do like the spirit of the games - if there still is any, and like watching sport at a high level so i have gotten a hotel room in a motel six and am watching the opening ceremonies...pretty cool even if the guy snowboarding through the rings was lame...and those big squamish nation totems look like big vibrators...kinda...at least on tv...

No comments: