Monday, February 08, 2010

interest(ing)

i was in the bank the other day before i left on my olympic event (the get the fuck outta town event - it hink i'm gonna win gold...) and as i was doing my business, the guy next to me was doing his...then i heard the following...

teller: you wanna what
guy: mumble - (i can't make it out...)
teller: you don't want the interest?
guy: that's right
teller: what do you want me to do with it>?
guy: i don't care
teller: you want me to donate it to the bank?
guy: sure, i guess.
teller: i don't think i can do that
guy: oh
teller: let me get the manager - so, you don't want the interest on your money? right
guy: that's right
manager: you don't want it?
guy: no
manager: i don't think we can do that.
guy: oh..um..
manager: it's policy. i mean, why put it in here then?
guy: silent.
manager: i'm sorry we can't. (she then looks at the computer screen and has a look at his balance - i assume - and makes a face like it's a significant amount he's turning down or is gonna have....) maybe you should start a charity.

wierd. just thought i'd pass it along.

g. xo

No comments: