Wednesday, June 17, 2009

survey says...

i was looking through the burritophile reviews and came across this one from chico - where i am thinking going to sample their fine mexican goodness. (i did, once already, eat a pair of soft tacos from a burrito truck outside of chico but that doesn't count...) this review makes me want to go to crazy taco...a lot.

.................
Score: 8 / 10 Reviewed by: zanderz

I love this place; I often stop here to refuel after a bike ride. It's basically a glorified taco truck, serving out the window of a liquor store. I think it's generally open till 9 or 10. DISCLOSURE: I'm a vegetarian, but I'm sure the rice has lots of chicken stock in it, which you have to accept in an authentic burrito. Also, I often eat burritos in San Francisco, so I am not just some hick! This is one of the best you can get this far from the Mission. They offer the pickled jalapenos on the side if you want, and everything seems pretty authentic. They have whole pinto beans and I think they offer guacamole. I kind of like the grimy, authentico atmosphere. Plus, some guy used to sell meth out the window, but that's all done with now:

Excerpt from the Feb. 8, 2005 Chico Enterprise-Record:
"County drug agents, Chico police and the Butte County Sheriff's Office are looking for a man suspected of selling methamphetamine from the service window of a popular fast food business on Park Avenue. Search warrants were served Friday at Crazy Taco, located inside Duke's Cork and Bottle liquor store, and at the East 16th Street residence of the suspect, Juan Manuel Zepeda Renteria, 38.. Renteria, who worked at the eatery, is suspected of selling the drugs..."

(I couldn't find the other article I remember, where the guy wheels in to work in a stolen car, sees officers waiting for him, and tries to flee on foot.)

I am very excited about the second Crazy Taco opening soon on east 8th street, near the nature center in Bidwell Park. I hope it's as good as the first!

posted by zanderz on 6/1/2006 12:30 PM #

....

mmmmm....goodness... a little meth with my burrito...sounds good!

g. xo

No comments: