Saturday, December 31, 2005

end of the year rantola...


this year…now known as last year…i guess….and how it went...

i have been trying to figure out what happened last year..or this year as it is… but I find that I can’t really think of anything…hhhmmm…it’s a good thing I’m gonna write this over a few attempts…
married to music became my favorite new local band…with that said I have never seen them live, ever. maybe i will one day but i do know this, their new album is a killer. Lawn Order came to be a real thing, and maybe too real at times with the garberator-sebastian, coming on board and doing a great job cutting lawns all over town. Underworld 2 was in there somewhere with the boys from BOC letting me hang out with them again...kate was nice enough and someone on set stole my skateboard…
tony once again called me to work for him, truth be told I think the boys made him hire me…and what was suppose to be a two or three week job turned into four or five months of, often, shit eater work..so be it… it’s the movies, it ain’t suppose to be pretty.
I bought more toys this year as well…with what started the year previous as a small hobby has become a full time obsession…thank god for voltage and christian and erika. i love those kids…and i think beyond the toys we have become pals..i think..
i made a few things this years as well… display boxes for Headquarter, a nice flower box thing for the Flower Factory and Anona next door…plus a bunch of handyman work at Storm Salon and The Templeton…
I think I only went to one baseball game this year…am I wrong? I have no idea…but I did have a great day at the park with muc, mina and brent…thanks kids…

this is being written in bits so…here’s the next it…

i think like “my name is earl” i have made a list, at least a mental one, of things I’ve done wrong or incorrectly over the last year and i’m gonna try and make things right. maybe not bad things or things against people to be sure but, shitty things. i need to eat better. sure, i eat okay but more greens are in order, daily.
chris page’s “almost stellar” is the song of the year and i have played it for people lately and told them this…i’m not sure everyone agrees. but i don’t care. i love it.
i also made a light box thing for mishi…it’s cool.
I went to s.f. a few times. ate a few pancho villa burritos and in-n-out burgers. went to l.a., reno, gerlach and other points in between. i loved gerlach or better said i love the desert, i’d go back just to go back to the desert.
i started on a painting that will probably never be finished. and that’s ok. i did it. just like i made pictures for people for xmas. i said i would. and i did.
i’m gonna sell some of these toys as well and focus on certain toys. i know most of this makes no sense and maybe it’s just a list for me but i’m doing it anyways.
less juice, less sugar, less of this and that. i’m gonna get my eyes checked next year too, they’re going on me, get my calf looked at…hurts like a fucker and get a new crown on one of the old molars…a little tune-up…

okay….here i go again…this thing has taken a long time…a stream…no editing. just crapola out of my head…

the silver jews, lcd soundsystem, portostatic, married to music, chris page- all great music. there were/are more..maybe i’ll remember them soon. i bought an ipod this year as well for use in the comet and at the gym…well, i’ve used it at the gym…but in the comet? not yet…maybe next year.
I am going to be a little scarce next year. i don’t mean this in a way that i’m going to be avoiding people, that’s not it at all…i need to make more time for me. so if i say no to something don’t take it the wrong way. people seem to think i’m a good guy, and i’m going to try and convince myself of that as well, good luck to me. and i know not all my pals will agree with me being a great guy all last year but i will say this…i’ve done my best all year as far as my pals have been concerned…and hopefully i’ll do even better next year.
so I guess it all comes down to a little less of everything next year, but in a good way and for a good purpose. it was a hard year and a great year at the same time. and to all who were involved and around me for i say thanks. this was an odd ramble and it probably made no sense but…there ya go. i love all of you and hope to see all of you soon.

garn xo

No comments: