Tuesday, December 06, 2005

stolen cars, job offers and fixin' fenders...








ok..here's my report...
yesterday as i was going out to have a snack with barb at subeez all of a sudden an SUV came flying around the corner going the wrong way down cordova street...i was freaked out thinking it was going to hit me.,.then the lights came on and i figured iut it was a cop..long story short, all of a sudden there were about 10 cop cars converging on a jeep liberty that had been pulled opver or was pulled over just up from my building. they hauled the dudes out of the jeep and as it turned out, they had stolen the jeep and from all indications it was a bait car or some sort of sting. i can't confirm that but knowing how the cops react to things in my hood, usually very slowly, it must have been some sort of set-up. pretty exciting. i didn't have my camera but ran up and got it ands took a couple of 'after the main action' shots.
at dinner, barb, against her better judgment, let me take her picture... good sport...i know how much i hate having mine taken so i salute her... on my way to dinner i returned a call i had gotten earlier from a big time spfx coordinator who, as it turned out, was offering me a job...i was sort of flattered.. he was in a bad way as his usual person who does my job had broken her arm and couldn't work for him...too bad i'm already employed, or will be soon. i told him i'd help out where i could...he's a good guy.
then today...the queen of the universe asked me if i wanted to fix something...because i'm so fuckin' handy... doesn't she have a guy? oh, no she doesn't..he's just a guy she 'hangs' out with..her 'buddy'.. whatever...she's taking him to her office party/weekend thing in whistler this weekend so...even though she doesn't want to admit it, she's got a man. deal. anyhow, because she's an idiot, loving term from me, she tore of her bumper on one side and needed to have ir re-attached. so i kinda fixed it... for now and she bought me a muffin and beverage for helping... good times.
the picture in jj bean is of julia who's boyfrind, apparently, is a young artist of some note..him name is ryan something or rather...i asked her how to spell his last name so i'd know if i saw it somwhere and then i could and look at his work,...but she wasn;t sure how to spell his last name...(???) i guess it makes sense, they've only been dating for 2 years. but if you look behind her there are some notes pinned up...one of them is my number... why? i dunno...they never call me...

No comments: