Thursday, October 15, 2009

I’m just sayin’


There’s retarded, and not retarded as in mentally deficient (and please don’t e.mail me with shit about political correctness…just stop yourself…) and then there’s full retard, to use a term from Tropic Thunder – a movie I wasn’t moved by in any way but Robert Downey’s character is pretty good. Ben Stiller, humbug. But today outside our shop is a fine example of full retard. I need not say more than I have already said…as Rod said, every picture tells a story. Oh, the tales this one could tell.

Anyone who knows me knows this…I’m big on please and thank-you. And maybe this is why it bothers me sometimes, or all the time, when I don’t hear people using them when they should be. In restaurants, coffee shops, out and about, wherever I fucking hate it. Like people choosing to not use the turn indicators when they’re driving…but the pleases and thank-yous…and I find it even more disturbing when those same things don’t come home to roost. And I know, I know, one shouldn’t do things for the thanks, one should just do it because, and I get that too…but know this, I put those things in my brain whether I mean to or not – who has said thanks, and who has not…and maybe, perhaps, I won’t be so happy to help next time. I think that’s fair. Thanks for understanding.

So the Cards made a quick exit and now many and the Dodgers move on to the NLCS and see what they can do there. I’m sure Manny’s an asshole but so hard not to love for a whole load of stupid reasons. I’m taking the Dodgers over the Phillies. You don’t care but I’m telling you anyways.

It’s only been a few days but the hair on my face is bugging me. Not as much as the kids who work at the Granville Island Opus Arts store though…holy cow. I had to call in the big guns, Suzanne at the downtown store, to fix it…wow.

I need some fish and chips again.

g. xo

No comments: