Wednesday, December 26, 2007

they've got me pegged

i'm guessing, after my treatment at the airport today by US customs officials, that i have been earmarked for search from now on - or until they get bored of finding nothing on me....ever. they're very nice about it but after scanning my passport and typing in a few lines of text, it's off to another room for me. well, and area separate from the rest where i was asked to open my computer case, asked about leaving things in the states, commercial goods (shocker since my shitty times at the point roberts crossing...crossing, that's funny..) etc. and since i didn't have an actual place to stay marked on my customs declaration, because i really have none - shauna put down ronnie p.'s address...funny. after they failed to get any answers they seemed suspect of, i was away. to the x-ray area. more good times. i have to say, getting here early is a good idea, if i had been rushed it would have been different - but why is it i get some worked up internally going through the border? i have nothing to hide, check away checksters. anyhow...after throwing all my shit into plastic trays - shoes, hoodie, hat, coins, laptop, carry bag with grilled sandwich for the plane, they decided i needed a more thorough search. more patdowns, more looking at the laptop, more looking at my sandwich...at one point they guy - who was extremely courteous - asked me if i lived in chicago or had lived there....i was a little confused until i looked down at him and aws as i did that i was wearing my chico state t-shirt and told him i didn't live in chicago..and pointed to the word chico on my shirt and explained it was in california...he then told me how much he liked chicago. okey dokey.
and i was on my way.
so here it is now that i sit for close to two hours waiting to get on a big hunk of steel that somehow flies through the air - i don't pretend to understand it...i just know that it does it, and it's very boring. but at the other end, in LA, is shauna and that makes it all worthwhile (...was there a little throw-up in your mouth there....?...)
ok...

good times.

more later.

g. xo

No comments: