Monday, December 17, 2007

pass the biscuit!

The weekend that was….



Saturday saw me plugging numbers at the salt mine while the higher ups decided whether or not to makes moves to move this thing along but in the end pulled the plug on the moves and stayed put so now, Monday, we’ll be moving ahead and trying to get done what we need to get done by Friday so there’ll be no work this Saturday…I haven’t made any grand plans for the weekend, and it’s only Monday, because shit changes every day and will change many times before Friday’s work is done.
Saturday night was the last Topanga meal of 2007 – Shauna and I headed there picking up Ang along the way and then ‘he who can not be named on the blog’ joined us a little later on - and I went out in style ordering the chili relleno burrito with a little chicken and beans thrown in there as well…not a two entrée dinner, the relleno was inside the burrito – that sucker isn’t on the menu…if I was a little braver I would have ordered it el presidente, but I couldn’t do it….nice too for the Topanga to pick-up the tab for Saturday night’s feast...thanks Andrew. The Topanga staff/xmas party was Sunday night which we attended at after our hockey game – a game we won 5-0 to bring our record to 13-0…I played well, not well…’nuff said about that. more on the Topanga party later….
Sunday morning Shauna and I grabbed Devon and headed-up to crave for some breakfast. I had never been there and was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast fare served there. Shauna had a panetone french toast with some sort of berry compote while Devon and I each had benny’s…good times…afterwards we roamed around main street…dropped-in on the voltage kids, I bought some new shoes at umiboshi, ran the racks at Eugene Choo, the Front and Twigg and Hottie….Devon was done by then so we dropped her off at home and headed to Granville island to see the kids at that pickle. Mishi showed us her new tooth cap and the Garbs danced to motown. So, the usual. Then it was off to a matinee at tinseltown, “before the devil knows you’re dead’ with heartthrob Phillip Seymour Hoffman….a good flick, but not the feel good hot of the christmas season…be warned, it ain’t gonna warm your heart…
Dinner was quick as I had to get to hockey with Mr. Tornack…then, after our convincing win, it was off to Topanga. We grabbed Shauna and went to see what was going on…it was fairly sedate affair but there had. Obviously, been some drinking going on as I saw dishwasher and all around good guy Leo, passed out on the floor in the back by the staff washroom…this morning ain’t his best morning I am sure. We had to make an early exit but when it was all said and done sleep wasn’t had until almost 2 am so I’m a little tired today but it’s all good..merry ho-ho…
Back at the salt mine…the end of the week will signify an end to the first portion of this job and in the new year it’ll be all downhill…resolutions will be made and broken. This week and next I will also be posting the best of the blog for 2007 so look for your favorite pics from the year that was 2007.

Have fun.

G. xoxo

garn face by shauna.



topanga's xmas tree.



tornack enjoys some meat at the topanga party.



leo has a nap after a few too many egg nogs.




mishi's new tooth...which one?...if ya can't tell, that's a good thing.



nice. french toast.



me and the love of my life. really.



um. ok.



devon snuggles up at breakfast.



erica at voltage had a cool look going on.



he who can not be named on the blog enjoys some topanga goodness.

a

ang and he who can not be named on the blog enjoy some mexican xmas cheer.

No comments: