Thursday, March 16, 2006

um..i think someone forgot to tell me something....

ok..this is a varied report so pay attention....

first. i was at home the other night and had a message on my machine from my cousin joanne. a second cousin but still a cousin. i really like her. she's about my mom's age, so around 29, and lives in burnanby. i never see her but am happy when i do. she was calling to tell me about a service that was being held for her father, my uncle ken, as he had died in january. huh? was someone going to call me and tell me this? 'hey garn. your uncle ken passed away." pretty simple. he was the brother of my grandfather, my father's father, who i was named after. make sense? my grandfather's brother. maybe next time someone dies someone will tell me. so say a little prayer for ken harry today...better late than never.

so the house thing, which i was very vague on, was back on the last few days and an offer was made. a pretty good offer i thought but one that i was sure would be rejected and a counter offer made. nope. no counter offer. he figures it's up to me to come up with a better offer. but i won't be forced into making a new offer, because homie don't play the game that way...learn to negotiate or don't play the game. good times. it's all good. i'll go back to my original plan of spending all my savings...which means for now..i'm out.

i took larry out last night and met up with andy, julie and newly hatched taylor piet...and a friend of thier's whose name i have forgotten..i'm such and asshole..i think it's dave..fuck..anyhow...very nice guy. and mishi said i should mark this day on my calendar as the night i willingly went to topanga with a child. and i have to say, that kid is the best behaved kid i've ever seen. julie says she's thinking she may have to stop now as she'll never this lucky with kid again. he seems to like topanga...who doesn't?

for those of you who may want to watch a fine example of how not to play hockey...skippy tornack and i will be, unless we're called into work, playing hockey on the 'Rogue' team against 'Stargate' on saturday at GM Place. the same place those lowly sadsacks the canucks play. i don't know what time but i think it's 6 pm...

as the movie turns..so right after this future oscar winner wraps up we'll be starting another future golden globes winner. The Shooter starts right after this one kicks it and runs into sept...so good-bye summer...that's ok...as long as i get to go to portland for at least a long weekend i'll be happy...who's in ti? what is it? i have no idea. i think someone must get shot.

hey...it's payday...good times.

have fun...more details as they come about.

garn xo

No comments: