Wednesday, March 29, 2006

junkies and bicycles...

so there it was ..the bike i originally bought for marcy and had sold to a woman named emily, sitting on the downtown eastside outside the women's centre..yup, it was stolen from granville island and now lives down in my hood. it's kind of a long story but, i had seen it a few days before as a rather large guy, bigger than me-hard to believe, was riding it around in front of my building. today i saw it again...today i decided to do something. as my phone wouldn't connect with 911 and 411 connected me to a police switchboard that wasn't working, i did what i had to do...i grabbed the bike from in front of a nodding junkie guy holding onto a shopping cart. well, that woke him up and before you can say veggie wet burrito, i had three street guys trying to wrestle the bike away from me...i decided after a few moments of this that i would let go..so, no bike for me...and no cops anywhere...what a surprise. i'll try again later..i'm sure i'll see the bike again.

so here are your retro pics of the day...

g. xo






No comments: