Wednesday, April 14, 2010

please leave a message after the tone

i'm not one to get all worked up over the little things...ok, that's a lie, i am, or can be...and there are things to get pissed about and others you may as well let slide because there's no changing it...or a person or...but i will say this - i hate calling the service call centre for almost any of my utilities...and seconds ago i got off the phone with the telus' little helpers located somewhere in the philippines or buttfuckestan or ...and god bless 'em, they try but it's not the same as having someone on the line who is familiar with the area, or at least the country....and that's all i'll say because i know it's the way of the future - and no, it's not my first time chatting with the fine folks overseas, i just had to do it now and what a fucking nightmare...if i didn't need a landline i'd gas my telus phone...
and along the same vein. the other day i was in home depot - ok so i should know better - and was trying to match some paint i needed for my place. i had the paint code, the formula, etc...but they had no idea what to do. really. and then the woman who was helping (?) me asked me if i could bring in a chip of the paint? from the wall? or maybe the baseboard? huh? yes, a chip - maybe i could go home and take a knife - her words - and cut out a little of the paint off the wall....then they could match it.
excuse me? you want me to go home and fuck up my wall or baseboard so you can match my paint...so in the end i have even more to repair...? that makes perfect sense to me.
ok.
more later.

g. xo

No comments: