Monday, April 26, 2010

cutting for the cure...or running for it...

a couple of days ago i got this e.mail...a: i was shocked who sent it to me b: i had no idea they had cancer c: disappointed i knew, yet, another person who had cancer...or who had had it... d: knew i was gonna cut a couple lawns for cancer...
give the note a read...and, if you can, give a couple bucks...

g. xo

........

Dear Amazing Friends,

As some of you know, this past winter I was diagnosed with cervial cancer and was in the hospital for a radical surgery. Now with a clean bill of health, I've decided to run in the BC Cancer Foundation’s Underwear Affair, which takes place July 10, in order to call attention to and help raise research funds for underfunded below-the-waist cancers.

I hate to put everyone on the spot, but I'm hoping that each one of you might pledge $10 towards my fundraising efforts. If you'd care to pledge more by all means and if you chose to opt out that's okay too. :)

I will be running 10 KM and would like to be one of the top fundraisers this year. Take a peak at the website for more info on this fun (and yes, slightly ridiculous event) that asks participants to run in their skivvies.



If you'd care to donate please let me know or you can make a donation via the website: http://va10.uncoverthecure.org/site/TR?pg=pfind&fr_id=1170
Type in jenny charlesworth when it asks you for participant name.

Thanks so much for your support!

Lots of love xo

No comments: