Thursday, August 20, 2009

That’s right, it starts with an earthquake…

I have to admit I’m a little out of my head these days, not in an overly overt way or anything that’s, hopefully, it’s all going gangbusters over here – the shop – as we make our way to the first day of shooting on this new extravaganza. My new mortgage hasn’t been approved yet so it’s causing me some concern but I have adopted, for now, a sense of calm that’s actually more of a ‘fuck it what can I do’ kinda thing…because I can’t do anything. I have given them everything they need and can do no more. So, fuck it. There is a plan ‘b’ but I don’t want to do that…details on that if it has to be put into play. Fingers crossed.

Next week, Monday, the queen of the universe is getting married and, as much as I wanted to go and watch her get married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas, I am not going to be able to make the trip. With work ramping up now and my passport expiring, it’s a no go…I wish her all the best and love her so. I’m sure they’ll have a great time and there will be pictures to be had – and you’ll see ‘em here to be sure.

Next week will also see the return of the Thursday lunch here. I’ll be bringing back Floyd’s baked beans and pulled pork sandwiches for the first comeback – and maybe even some peaches and cream corn on the cob…the boys were asking for it, and I’m willing to make a go of it. I’m a little excited about it.

The lawns have made a decent comeback with the rain dump last week. A long way from a full comeback but still, there was some new grass to grow and it did my heart good to get out there the last few nights and cut some grass. I do love it. This weekend, starting tomorrow night will bring me a few more lawns to cut and will make my heart a little less black.

Two games of hockey next week as well – looking forward to that. A week or so ago we out the blades back on and had a great game over on the north shore. It should have been a little shorter than it was - I was beaten by the end of it (in fact beaten by it when there was still 20 minutes to go.) but it was still a great workout and I do love those guys. Bomber hockey starts again in sept. and new week will be a nice tune-up towards that. I love bombing.

Caught up today on Marcy’s blog – a link to it on this very blog – and a good read it is. She’s very dedicated, and a kind and gentle soul and it all makes for a good blog. Good for her on following through on something hard and a real brain and body buster – go girl.

Ok..I need a snack.

g. xo

No comments: