Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Days out of days


The days seem shorter. And not just that it’s getting darker earlier – which it is, of course. I get to work at seven – or as close to that as I can – and before I know it, it’s time for lunch and soon after, time to go home (we head out at 7-ish each night…) some nights I have to rush out and try and get a lawn cut before the light fades too much. Some nights it’s off to dinner or …other nights it’s home. Again. Lately it’s soup – I do love the soup. Then. Bed. But all sooner than I think it should be, or at least it all seems to cram together faster and faster. I received a letter from the developer of my – potential – new building telling me that the building is coming along and that the walk-throughs will start mid-September. Jeezzus. That’s soon. In my head I’m not ready to go, nor with my new mortgages (yes, two of them…long story…) but I am coursing towards it all. The motorcycle has a hand shake agreement on it for a decent amount. Toys have been sold and sent to new homes around the word – literally. My TV has been ear marked to go to a new home as it won’t fit in the new place – at least I don’t think so…it’s going to a good home. Great TV. Really. A great set. Other things will get packed and away we go…whenever that is. But really…I do want you to come over and visit. I do.

In other news.

Our gal Mishi has made her own way to St.. Paul’s hospital – home of Issy’s nursing training – and decided to have her appendix out. Well, I guess it’s not a decision you really make but rather your body decides it’s time and someone else decides when it’s coming out. Last night at around 8 p.m. was her time …. I hope it went well and will get a report soon enough I’m sure. (On a slightly more serious note..It is an operation and while I make light of here to a degree, I do worry about things such as this and hope all goes as it should. She’s a light of immense power in my life and I would be lost without her…bright lights kid, bright lights. )

After some re-working the new lawn order shirts will finally, hopefully next week, get printed…the design for the back was a little overworked and made to look too perfect by subbing this and that and that’s not what I wanted…I wanted the sign from the window at the Topanga for the back and took pictures of it and had Byron cut it out and ….then another cook came into the kitchen, and god bless him he thought he was doing the right thing, and he made it all squeaky clean…so back to the Byron we’ve gone and I’m happier for it…Andrew from Topanga is using the design for his own shirts so there will be new Topanga café shirts as well coming down the pipe.

No word from the queen yet. I suspect she’s out living it up on her honeymoon somewhere in the Las Vegas area…lord help them.

More as it develops.

g. xo

No comments: