Thursday, September 06, 2007

that's rain, not a tear in my eye



Hibernation.
It’s coming. Not for me but for the lawns. Another season of lawn order is coming to a close and I’m ready for a rest. Sure, if I was only cutting lawns and didn’t have a day job I could cut until the proverbially cows came home – which they do by the way. But, as this show ramps up more and more, the lawns become harder and harder to keep up on – not that I mind spreading myself a little thin for a while, no biggie, but the end is coming at a good time for me. Hockey is also starting, Tornack and I played last night, and will take up some time as well. Hockey replacing lawn cutting. I’m also going to start in on the gym again after work to help with the stress and burn off some shit. Good.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been three full seasons of cutting. That’s a lot of grass my friends. A lot of pushing a 50 lb weight around shitty lawns all over the lower mainland. And I have to say, even when it’s been bad – in the rain, mower breakdowns and other, I have loved it. Fuckin’ loved it. And with the help of the garbs, made a pretty good go of it as a little side project. And the garbs – just as a side note – I love that guy. Next year will see new lawn order shirts and new clients. Some old clients will return, some will bail and new ones will cal and piss me off when I see how shitty their lawns are – but I’ll cut ‘em. Like a champ.
Sometimes it feels like a dream, but then I wake up and realize, I really am living it. I’m cutting lawns man.

g. xoxo

No comments: