Thursday, January 19, 2006

damn that hurt!!!


ok so yesterday i told you all about 'garn's big medical day out'... bad calf muscle, etc..well, i made an appontment today to go to UBC hospital, where issy used to run the show, and get an ultrasound done...but they may want to xray or ultrasound my right ankle as well now... an ankle i broke when i was inj grade six, actually shattered is a better word for that one..plus a big crack along the femur as well..excellent. anyhow, after hearing from my doctor that i may have a tear in my calf muscle and the fact that i 'retired' from hockey a couple of months ago, you'd think i'd be smarter than go and play hockey last night. a guy should be smarter than that. you'd think. i'm not that smart. obviously. yesterday kramer gave me a call and asked me if i wanted to paly hockey with him out at the forum in delta on a team called the pirates. they're a division two team which means they're much better than yours truly. or maybe not but damn good... so i said yes. everything was finbe up until the middle of the third period when so big dufus checked me in front of the net, where i earn my hockey living, and i fell awkwardly twisting my ankle in the proces...good times. i managed to get off the ice but not gracefully. i played the rest of the game but am paying for it today.. i'm battered but if i do say so myself held my own with the div. 2 boys. in fact, i think i played well. got an assist on the first goal and had some other good plays. the net result though is that i have a very sore ankle today and need to rest up for the weekend..i have to work sunday on set so it'll be a bit of a test if this puppy hurts like it does now.. whatever...it's ok. my doctor would be so proud.

No comments: