Friday, December 25, 2009

somethings never change...


...and why should they?
this morning i made my way down to the grove restaurant on denman st. and had a great breakfast with my good friend fawn. the grove breakfast started by accident around 1992 or '93, when i needed breakfast one xmas morning, and i was dating the lovely leeanne barr who happened to live a block or so away from the grove, and she suggested i go there and see if they were open...and they were, and i have been going there every xmas morning since. sometimes a few people show-up to join me in the tradition, sometimes it's one or just me...fawn has been a constant for most of it and this year i take my hat off to her and she drove all the way in from her new home in delta to join me...that's love. some who have been a part of the tradition include 'he who can not be named on the blog', muc belke, the shums, k-win and al, renee b., mel, the garbs has shown up after it's all over, marcy and maybe mishi....and i think of them all when i'm there eatting my once a year eggs florentine with a side of brown toast. nice.
another holiday tradition that i'm hoping is in the works for tomorrow is the pancakes at mishi and garbs...i'm just putting it out there...

g. xo

No comments: