Monday, December 14, 2009

gold.

as you may or may not know, i have been giving away things from my old apartment that i don't need or don't have room for at my new place. some have gotten plants, a typewriter found a new home, etc...one item i had trouble finding a home for was an EQ3 metal and wood slat bed frame thing that is used in platform beds. but, after some craigslist ads i found a dude who wanted it and he was going to give me a 24 pack of dos equis lager for it. nice. well, saturday rolled around, then it went, and he hadn't called me to come and pick it up...an e.mail came saying that he lived in surrey and couldn't get into town and could he pick it up sunday.

"sorry i couldn't make it today, I live in surrey, and was wondering if sunday morning works for you.

Todd."

ok. sure. no problem. shit happens. i get that. so i e.mailed him back and said sunday was fine.
sunday comes and goes and no word from old todd. until another e.mail late in the day.

"ahhh, sorry Garnet, my girlfriend reneged on lending me the $50 I needed to buy you the 24 of dos equis I needed to purchase this, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to waste your time.

Todd."

nice.

i have no retort.

have a great monday.

g. xo

No comments: