Sunday, December 13, 2009

man down.

well. car down. (more as this goes along...)
yesterday was a shit storm or activity i'll tell you right now.
my brian wouldn't let em sleep past 6 a.m. as i had a bunch of stuff i needed to get done - pronto. the table being one of the things high on my list, and that went very well all things considered. and i have been back again to sand and put on another coat and it seems as if all systems are go.
i also got a phone call from commercial electronics telling me that my amp was ready - i had also gotten a phone call from them the day before saying my centre channel speaker was in - so i was stoked to get those back up and running so i didn't have to keep listening to music through my laptop speakers. so wicked. those things in hand i carried on with my day thinking that things were going my way and i was really getting shit done and that come the end of the day my place was gonna be one step closer to being the 'east/west fourth' i wanted and needed it to be.
after a short trip down to granville island to drop-off some crap i was on my way to west van to drop-off some filters to my main man and bomber blair. he had given me the filters to see if i/we could fix them but we/i failed so i tought i should take them back. nice to see him. while i was over there it only seemed right that i should go by savary island pie and get some snacks. blair's lady friend, gi, was over there wiht her mom mowing down some lunch...it was nice to see her as well - although i suspect she's not a huge fan of mine...oh well. i like her.
pie in hand i headed to north van to drop-off some 'the games can blow me' t-shirts to a guy i met who works at the red robin on marine drive. i know.
north shore done i headed back to town with my mind set on looking at some bar stools at living space and then onward to sanitary electric to see chad and pick-up some stuff that had been mailed to me by the world famous bill baker. (he's started a club and i may be the only member that's not a tattooer. exciting.) this is here the shoe dropped.
after stopping in at living space - home of the 800 dollar bar stool (and they are very nice but...i dunno...) - i got back in my car and that was the end of the line for the element. without going into details, it's now at kingsway honda - which was only a block away - and hopefully but the end of monday it'll be all neat and tidy and i can drive it again. poor elephant.
so i had no choice but to call 'he who can not be named on the blog' and get a rifde home with my stereo gear, pie and a chair i had that was/is going in my den/office.
he came to the rescue and we were away. it wasn't a huge deal but i did, still, have things i needed to get done. i still had to move the last two items from my place in gastown as the kids were moving yesterday, i had to get nevada - jj bean big wheel, and drive her to her place from granville island as i was giving her something from my old place that she couldn't transport herself and then make my way out to the shop and put another coat on the table. this all in larry. or not.
after jump starting larry i hustled up nevada and away went to her house - with me leaving larry running outside her east van apartment while i carried her new acquisition up to her place. then it was off to the shop. after i put the new coat on the table i decided i needed a van and phoned paul and then went to his place in north van and got the keys to the van at the shop.
good times.
then it was back to the shop, and off to gastown in the van to get my cactus and bicycle and take them to 'east/west fourth'. and after a quick unload it was off to best buy to look at some speaker mounts - which in the end (i bought them) are shit and i'm taking them back today...
van returned to the shop and larry back in my hands it was time to go home. and start in on the wiring of my stereo - of which the amp had just been repaired at a decent cost. well...it kinda works. the part that was broken has been fixed. but another part now doesn't work. i'll be calling them tomorrow. also, the speaker i had ordered, is the wrong speaker. i'll be taking that back as well.
but in the end it's all ok. i have music here now. i can find some solace in that. for now.
ok. i'm off to the shop.

g. xo

No comments: