Monday, September 07, 2009

file under - what the fuck...

i hate nostalgia, well, at least in terms of music. sure, i like driving around listening to my favorite music from my youth but i couldn't go see the jesus lizard when they came to town recently. years ago i wouldn't go see the sex pistols, the stranglers or ...mark has told me several times that magazine has reformed and, maybe, better than ever....ok, sure. i still can't. and it's just for me that i can't, if that makes any sense. i loved lou reed for years, still do, but i haven't bought a lou reed album in years. i saw him once after years of wanting to see him and he was great. then, many years later, i saw him again and it was terrible. i only remember the the terrible. the same happened with the replacements and a few other bands. i loved the 'mats but i wouldn't go see them if paul westerberg decided to go on a replacements reunion tour. doesn't make sense to me. it feels so fake, so lacking in passion, so...well, cheap. today i read public image ltd., john lydon's band, are ramping up to do a few shows. and that james williamson will replace dead ron ashton in the re-formed stooges - sure he was a stooge way back when but...cracker went on tour recently. the butthole surfers are out there, the pet shop boys...all the geezer punks are out making some money for their retirement. and i'm a geezer for loving it the way i remembered it.

in other news.



i love this alice cooper quote.

"I heard the title Vampire Weekend and I thought, 'Oh, man, that's gonna be great. I gotta see it.' And there are these guys with little Gap T-shirts on and I'm going, 'What happened to the balls in rock 'n' roll? Why are American bands so wimpy?'"

i love you alice.

g. xo

No comments: