Wednesday, October 03, 2007

count your blessings.

Let me first throw out a quick “I’m sorry” to the dude who called my cell phone the other day to tell me I should watch out for pedestrians as I round corners that have puddles in them. I guess I or maybe Shauna, splashed someone as she/I was rounding a corner the other day. I’m not sure if it was Shauna or me but he must have gotten a good hosedown as he phoned to let me know. Such is the problem with having your cell phone number on the side of your car. Nice. Sorry guy.
After this last weekend’s lawn cutting I feel done with it but I think after looking at a few of my client’s lawns that I may have to go back for one more sweep – not that you give a shit but I’m telling you. I remember last year cutting lawns at this time of the year and it was shitty some days – rain, and worse than rain the fuckin’ wind. I can deal with the rain better than I do the wind. Super bummer.
Speaking of super bummer…our man Rae has been moulding some toilets here at the salt mine for use in the film we’re working on. He’s done a great job. And speaking of the salt mine, last week I mentioned that a co-worker and myself were having a little thing, not a good thing, something that can throw a wrench into the proceedings, well, he and I have, seemingly, come out the other side of it unscathed. Jokes have been told, stories told and not a mention of last week’s action. Good. Moving on.
Today at coffee Steve Janz, the man the myth, was telling us stories of his night last night that included a trip the emergency ward at Burnaby general. A story that included a migraine, a shot of Demerol and vomiting. Somehow when Steve tells it all you can do is laugh – with him not at him. The other day I was at Steve’s place looking at his lawn(?) as he kinda yelled at me what he wanted to happen to it. I said, “Steve, quick yelling at me:..to which he said, “I’m not yelling at ya, I’m yelling with ya.”…I love that guy.
Speaking of yelling, Joel hasn’t really started yelling yet, at least not at me, but I feel the gasket starting to leak. And I think that if cell phones didn’t cost so much to replace he would have thrown several by now at others and me. Thank god they’re not cheap and easy to replace – they will be one day and then we’ll all have to start worrying.
Thanksgiving this weekend will be held at Issy’s with a bunch of us going out there, I think in Larry, to hoss-down with Issy. I think we’ll bring the pies and our reasons to give thanks. I know that without a doubt we’ll be eating like champs and then sleeping it off on Issy’s living room floor. More on this later.

Have a day.

g. xo

No comments: