Thursday, September 04, 2008

like being on parole.

it's a strange sensation driving a car after having a three month vacation from it. the steering wheel feels like it's in the wrong place, the rear view mirror somehow seems too small to actually see anything behind me, etc...it's weird. and to think it was three months ago that i had to hand it over, my license, seems so long ago but somehow i made it through without freaking out. i kind of made a decision when it happened that i had no choice but to not freak out. sure, there were days i say here thinking, "how the fuck am i going to get to (fill in the blank) without having a car?"...but i did, most times. there was just more planning involved in getting shit done, riding the loser crusier, slipping onto the skytrain to get to work at vancouver studios, enlisting the help of others when the need arose. and thanks to my pals for that....
thanks to issy who drove me to set one day at 6 am in delta like the champ that she is...thanks so much to ang and the garbs who helped in the biggest way possible keeping lawn order alive and functioning by driving and cutting along those three months, to shauna who gave me rides to the shop, around town to get shit done and in so many ways got me to where i needed to go knowing it was hard for me to ask, to marcy and mishi who both drove me a few times to get some lawns done when ang and garbs couldn't help me and sat there while i cut and then brought me back to home base, to cam and corie who made no bones about picking me up so i could play some bomber hockey, ian korver and eric who gave me rides to and from set so i could check out craft service and make a little cash as well...thanks also to the queen, k-win and the fawnz who gave me rides during my time in the penalty box as well....
so it is now that i drive around - or really drove around yesterday - constantly looking at the speed dial, making sure my seat belt was on, that i was usimng my signals, etc...scared t make one wrong move, but i made it through day one unscathed...here's to a hole lot more of that....

thanks again to everyone who helped out....

g. xo

No comments: