Thursday, April 09, 2009

the weekend never lies.

Random notes

The Whigs song “right hand on my heart” …pretty good. You should give it a listen…louder than you would a regular rock number.
I was going to cut tomorrow but think I may have to hold off until the next nice day but am also thinking of cutting in the rain – sometimes I actually like that feeling. At the end there’s a feeling I get as I look at the wet cut grass and am a little soaked – I can’t explain it.
I’ve also had thoughts of heading to Seattle for nothing more, no better reason than getting a burrito at Bimbos. Last night the garbs told he liked the burritos at Mama’s better, down on First and Bell, but I think it’s a volume issue not quality, not that Mama’s is bad, but Bimbos serves up the quality and yet still sizeable. It’s all goodness anyway you slice it.
I like sitting in the window at Stumptown coffee as well on Pine.
The Thursday meals have ceased, for now, as it became a little stressful for me. I’m not good at asking for things, in general, and asking for cash to help fund the meals proved an anxiety filled exercise so..I think I’ll make meals every once in a while, because I love to, but will feed all comers and will not ask for money but will have a ‘kitty’ of sorts, that people can throw into. Soon the bbq will fire-up – the one we still have to buy – and I’ll be on that firing up something.
The chocolate bunny comes up this weekend and has a little look around and if he sees Don Bull we get another six weeks of rain. If he sees the Garbs we get an early summer.
This weekend will also see me drain my motorcycle gas tank and fill it with fresh fuel and see if that makes a difference, hard to see how it couldn’t. I’m getting a little tired of the repeated kicks that produce nothing but a sweaty t-shirt.
The Garbs hates the new blog look…and I may be with him on that…I’ll have to see how it weighs on me in a day or two, I can always switch it back.
The Garbs, last night, had a Topanga combo not heard of before, and really off the menu – a chilli relleno and burger combo. And while it seemed like a ton of food during the ordering, when it showed up it seemed very reasonable, for the Garbs. As Corie said, it was like eating a cheese wheel and a burger with a little rice on the side for good measure.
It’s raining. Nice.
The hockey playoffs are coming-up and while I don’t care that much, I am taking bets on when the Canucks will be eliminated. I’m saying it will happen, hopefully, in the first round – bets being taken right now.

Have a great Friday.

I love you.
I really do.

g. xo

No comments: