Tuesday, April 07, 2009

happy birthday louis

Yesterday Shauna messaged me and asked if I was interested in seeing a string quartet play some music composed by Louis Andriessen….was I? It was like a dream come true…okay, maybe not…but I am a fan, surprising to you I’m sure, of the violin. Yup. I like it. And after saying yes, that I’d love to go, I read some on-line banter about the quartet that was playing his pieces, the Rusquartet, from Moscow, and thought to myself, “that could be kinda cool…” there’s a festival on right now that’s celebrating the music of Louis and who am I not to be a part of it…and I was, last night at the Hertitage hall on main street. As I was reading the show’s program I also noticed, or read, that he had done work with Hal Hartley and Peter Greenaway…two guys whose movies I have enjoyed – Hartley more than Greenaway but still pretty cool. If you want more info, because I do know you love the culture, check out this web site built by the talented folks at hey shauna web design
Shortly before leaving for the show, I decided that I would give the old motorbike another kick, so to speak, but after a few too many kicks and failure to get even a mutter or sputter of goodness, I – all sweaty and slightly pissed-off – decided to forgo the bike ride up main and take the element…these new kicks were with a fresh battery and should have done the trick…I am now moving onto the bad gas theory and am going to drain the tank and start fresh there as well. Wish me luck.
Ok…back to it. More later as it develops.

g. xo

No comments: