Thursday, November 24, 2011

running man.

Wow.
It’s been a while. In blog update terms.
I wish I had more to report but I don’t. life has been moving along a regular rate without too much excitement – which, maybe now, is a good thing…
Had a very nice dinner the other night with Dorothy, Issy and Garvie at the Brown’s in tsawwassen, Brown’s the place not their house. And I’ll say this, and I endorse Brown’s as a place to get decent food…but I would stay away from the slightly exotic stuff. Garvie had a curry and I had a pad thai and they were both, so-so…the burgers and ribs are very good there though…
Booked a couple tickets to S.F. the other day for a weekend away in December with Ailsa. We’re gonna eat and roam around and eat some more…go to the MOMA, eat some more, drive to Los Gatos, maybe, and go to Andale and perhaps over the hill to Santa Cruz for the day….so many things we’ll have to see.
The salt mine closes up for the xmas break on the 16th so ho-ho-ho I’ll be outta here and doing some relaxing before we start up again in January…and once this dig is done, it seems we have another excavation job right afterwards that will take us until the summer to complete. Workin’ it. By then Lawn Order will be starting its eighth season and there will be more swag to be had…
So you know, there’s a new taco flavour at La Taqueria that you’ve gotta go and try…I’m not even going to tell you what it is…you just need to try it – I will be eating it today around 1:15 pm…maybe two of them.
There have been guys in my underground installing a new elevator that I am thinking of leaving a present for…a rack of Avalon milk bottles. Now, I’m no genius but I can tell you this – it shouldn’t take over three months to put an elevator in and when I see these guys moving around there and doing their work…they are milking this job for all it’s worth. And they’re not big on cleaning up most days…it’s a shit show down there.
Tomorrow night I am playing some Texas hold ‘em at Fiona’s school as part of a fund raiser thingy…I haven’t played in years – poker that is, have never played Texas hold ‘em….but I know the game…Ailsa has never played poker. Ever. It’ll be fun. And I plan on winning.
Maybe.
Ok.
Have a great Thursday.

g. xo

No comments: