Monday, June 21, 2010

sunny. then partly cloudy.


That was a weekend, for sure.

Saturday saw lawns get chopped, grassy socks get washed in a Laundromat in Marpole, a nice motorcycle ride with clean socks in my backpack, and some couch time later in the evening. (have you seen ‘It’s always sunny in Philadelphia’ ? …I’m trying to figure out if I like it….)

Sunday was a day of early domestic duties, hockey, baseball and a great dinner made by Ailsa – steaks, salad and a walk down the street after for a peanut buster parfait and a movie. Nice.

And, as many of you already know, Sunday was ‘car-free’ day on several Vancouver streets, which seemed to mean, drive as close as you can to the street that’s hosting the ‘car-free’ day, park, clog-up the surrounding neighbourhoods, and then go walk on the street talking about how great it is there are no cars there. I had to drive near main twice on Sunday – once after hockey to get my baseball glove from Abbie’s sports and later on to get to Ailsa’s for dinner, and the back alleys on either side of main were like main roads with others, Like me, trying to get from point A to point B….and there was some free music as well – and as Corie said to me as we listened, not on purpose, to a woman singing in the middle of Main street... – “there’s a reason that music is free.”

The garbs sent me a link today to a local guy who is selling tin toy robots from parts beyond – check ‘em out here. Good stuff.

Oh, and if you see someone with the hanging Topanga sign in their apartment, let me know – someone stole the sign last Saturday night – someone at Topanga is in trouble right about now. A new sign is in the works already. We move fast around here.

Ok. Have fun today. Or I hope you had fun today.

g. xo

No comments: