Sunday, June 13, 2010

not the sharpest tool in the drawer

while i am no genius, that's the truth, i know i'm at least smarter than the average bear and have, at times, impressed even myself...not often but enough times to know i'm brighter than, say, my ex-neighbour john wade - who in my opinion is a complete fucktard. anyhow.
i out did myself yesterday, but didn't know i had until early this morning after i had spent the morning relaxing, reading yet another chuck klosterman book, fargo rock city, and eating dry cereal and feeling pretty good about the baseball game i was to play in at 11 a.m. with the east van expos....yup. a nice morning until i headed downstairs in my socks as the shoes i wanted to wear were in the car not in my apartment.
but they weren't. nope. and instantly i knew where they were. in richmond. at the dog lawn.
i had decided to switch footwear at the dog lawn opting for my boots rather than my brand new-ish new balance runners...keep them nice for a little bit more. why not? the lawn was a tough go, i had mower issues, that have now been solved with a trip to the shop this morning after baseball, and i was really fuckin' tired...and at the end, i loaded everything in the element and headed for home - everything except the runners. the new new balance. nice. i envision them now on some lucky fuck who happened to walk by the dog lawn after i had left, a guy or gal who just happened to wear a size eleven double E, and scooped my shoes.
while pissed-off i have no one to blame but myself...still stings.
otherwise today was ok...a little baseball, some lawn mower maintenance, cut a couple lawns and then a nice, if short, visit with the garbs and mishi at the pickle....
back to the world of film tomorrow...but first a nice dinner out with garvie and some of her pals. a coming out of sorts. of sorts.

i like you more today than i did yesterday.

g. xo

No comments: